Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Spring!

It's so great to hear what everyone has been doing!

As for dating someone strikingly similar in appearance, I also fit in that category. My boyfriend Benjamin and I are often told we look alike. We are both doing Internal Medicine residencies (he is two years ahead of me; he was my intern when I was a med student!), but he will pursue a fellowship in Hematology-Oncology, and I will pursue one in gastroenterology.



In other news, I will graduate from medical school in May, but I am finished with my rotations at the end of March, so I have three months off including June (our moving month). It's scary how short of a time until I have an M.D. behind my name!! I just bought my first house in the last week and will be staying in Jackson for an Internal Medicine residency. In the fall, I did a month of gastroenterology at Vanderbilt (and loved it!!) and then in the winter, I interviewed all over the southeast for residency. In my time off, I will be moving and traveling a great deal. I am headed to Africa in April for medical missions and am taking Benjamin to Sewanee to see if he passes the "Sewanee test" (of loving the place!). Benjamin and I are also going skydiving in Cartersville, Georgia, as part of the trip to Sewanee. In July I will start my intern year of residency.

No comments: